Xenodine Polyhydroxydine Solution
- An antiseptic to aid in wound healing and in prevention of topical bacterial and fungal infections -including wounds, cuts, abrasions, ears, hooves, udders, declaws, ear cropping, navel dipping, tail docking, castrations and surgical site preparations.
- A third generation iodine solution with high activity and low dermal toxicity for use on horses, dogs and farm animals.
- Three times as active as povidone iodine and tincture of iodine.
- Has a broader range of activity against bacterial and fungal infections.
- Does not sting upon application.
- Has low dermal toxicity - does not irritate skin and eyes.
- Slight discoloration of skin or hair disappears within 5 minutes
- Unlike other iodines which simply lay on the surface, Xenodine actually penetrates the skin
- Adheres to the application site longer to continue fighting infection. As a result, frequent reapplication is unnecessary
Active Ingredient: Iodine 1%
Topical antiseptic for use on horses, dogs and farm animals
CONTRAINDICATIONS: THIS PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE USED ON CATS OR KITTENS.
For Veterinary Use On Animals Only
An antiseptic/disinfectant to aid in wound healing and in prevention of topical bacterial and fungal infections.
These include wounds, cuts, abrasions, ears, hooves, udders, dewclaws, ear cropping, naval dipping, tail docking, castrations, and surgical site preparations.
DIRECTIONS: Cleanse affected area thoroughly and apply Xenodine two or three times daily, or as needed. Apply a sufficient amount of Xenodine to cover the affected area. For more rapidrelease of active ingredient, Xenodine must be applied to a moist surface.
The wound site may be covered or bandaged after application.
CAUTION: In case of deep or puncture wounds or serious burns, additional or If redness, irritation or swelling persists or increases, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian.
NOTE: When used on or near the teats or udders of dairy animals, the teats and udders should be thoroughly washed before the next milking to prevent contamination of milk.
Store at room temperature; avoid excessive heat 104ºF (40º C).
WARNING: For external use only. Do not allow animals to consume product or to lick at site of product application.