Each 3 ml bottle contains approximately 150 drops!
On contact with body tissue, Vetbond adhesive changes from liquid to solid state by polymerizing within seconds to seal a wound
Adhesive stops minor bleeding and binds wound edges
May eliminate need for sutures/bandages in some instances
Also acts as a barrier to keep foreign matter from entering the wound
Tissue adhesive is sloughed as healing occurs
Product contains blue dye to allow user to easily see where product has been applied
General Instructions for Use:
1. Allow dropper bottle to come to room temperature before using. Cooler adhesive will take longer to polymerize. Do not heat VETBOND Tissue Adhesive to bring it to room temperature
2. Remove bottle cap. To open, cut off tip of bottle with scissors or blade. If any adhesive leaks during the opening of the bottle, clean the bottle tip with clean, dry gauze before placing applicator tip on the bottle. Place flexible applicator tip on the bottle for use. The applicator tip can be removed. Clean the bottle tip with clean, dry gauze before replacing the bottle cap
3. Application site should be free of excess fluids for best performance of the adhesive. Excessive fluids exert a weakening effect on the bond strength. A saline wash or preparatory solution, e.g. Betadine*, may be used prior to surgery as long as the surgical site is blotted dry before applying the adhesive
4. Apply the adhesive sparingly (e.g. one drop per digit in a cat declaw procedure) to the site to form a thin film. This enhances the bonding action. Thick applications tend to crack and lift prematurely
5. Avoid touching moist surfaces with applicator tip since this could clog the tip
6. When procedures are complete, remove excess adhesive in vial tip by holding bottle upright and gently squeezing the single drop of adhesive out of the tip onto a paper towel. This will prevent the tip from clogging. To assure that no residual adhesive remains in the applicator tip, attach it to a 3 mL syringe to expel any adhesive out of the tip.7. Replace bottle cap. Store vial away from heat (in a cool, dry location, if possible). Store bottle upright on a shelf.
Active Ingredient(s): Each vial of VETBOND Tissue Adhesive contains 0.1 fl. oz. (3 mL) of product and dispenses approximately 150 drops
Product can be refrigerated or frozen to extend shelf life before opening.
Store bottle upright on shelf in a cool, dry place (away from heat)
After opening, DO NOT RETURN BOTTLE TO REFRIGERATOR.
A white chalky material may form on the outside of the bottle (bottle blooming). This is normal and does not compromise the effectiveness or the integrity of Vetbond tissue adhesive.