Complete protection against all stages of the flea life cycle
Kills immature fleas, adult fleas and flea eggs for up to 5 months
Kills ticks for up to 5 months including those that may transmit Lyme disease
Integrated plastic buckle design that can be used for dogs of all sizes
Propoxur (CAS #114-26-1) 10.0%
(S)-Methoprene (CAS # 65733-16-6) 2.1%
OTHER INGREDIENTS: 87.9%
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON DOGS AND PUPPIES 12 WEEKS OF AGE AND OLDER
This collar is designed to fit 99% of all dogs. In rare instances (for example, well developed St. Bernards or Mastiffs), the collar may be too short. If found short for your dog, return to address on label for full purchase price refund.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
1. Thread flat end of the collar through buckle hole and tighten as necessary, so that at least two ridges are covered by the buckle. Since the plastic buckle is molded into the collar, the possibility of neck irritation and buckle failure is reduced. Collar should fit snug enough to prevent placement of the dog's/puppy's leg or lower jaw through the collar, yet loose enough to be rotated about the neck.
2. Leave 1-2 extra inches on the length of the collar for adjustment, cut off excess, and dispose of in trash.
3. Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially when puppies are rapidly growing.
4. Replace in 5 months for continuous protection from adult fleas, ticks, and flea eggs. To release the collar, squeeze buckle between thumb and finger and pull sharply. Collar does not need replacement if dog/puppy becomes wet.
To minimize flea infestation, use other Vet-Kem® flea and tick products to: 1. Treat the indoor environment, especially where pets spend time resting. 2. Treat the outdoor environment when necessary.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL: Storage: Store in original unopened package away from children. Disposal: Dispose of in trash. Collar should be left in place once fitted on dog/puppy. If collar is temporarily removed, wrap in paper or plastic; do not allow children to have access to collar.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
FOR FLEAS AND TICKS:
1. This collar is designed to kill adult fleas, ticks, and flea eggs over the entire pet. 2. This collar begins working to kill fleas, ticks, and flea eggs as soon as it is placed around the dog's/puppy's neck. 3. This collar will provide continuous protection against fleas, ticks, and flea eggs for up to 5 months. 4. Dead ticks will fall off or may be easily removed. 5. Replace collar every 5 months to help control adult flea and tick infestations on your pet and in your home or if the adult flea problem is under control but flea build-up protection is desired.
PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS - HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS - CAUTION: Do not get dust or collar in mouth. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Do not get dust in eyes, will cause temporary constriction of the pupils*. The dust released by this collar is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
HUMANS: Do not open package until ready to use. Do not allow children to play with this collar. Pesticidal dust will form on this collar during storage. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling collar.
ANIMALS: Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant, or nursing dogs.
Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age.
Do not use this product on dogs/puppies simultaneously or within 30 days before or after treatment with or exposure to cholinesterase inhibiting** drugs or pesticides (e.g. carbaryl or tetrachlorvinphos, etc.). However, flea and tick collars may be immediately replaced.
When collar is first worn, observe neck area every few days for irritation. Remove collar at the first sign of irritation or adverse reaction. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, remove collar and bathe your dog/puppy with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water.
Do Vet-Kem® products have an expiration date?
Our products do not carry expiration dates. They will remain effective long after the date of manufacture, when storage instructions on the label are followed. For best results, we do recommend using any flea and tick product within two to three years of purchase.
Can Vet-Kem® products be used with Frontline® and Advantage®?
All of our products may be used with Frontline® or Advantage® if your veterinarian recommends Vet-Kem® as part of your complete flea and tick control program. For example, Vet-Kem® collars may be recommended along with Advantage® flea control, in order to kill ticks. Our extensive line of shampoos and home treatment products can be used with almost any oral or topical flea control product, including spot type applications. Since many Vet-Kem® products kill flea eggs, they will provide long-term control when used with other products that kill adult fleas.
What if my pet grooms or licks himself/herself after a Vet-Kem® product is applied?
Normal grooming after application is expected and should not be a problem when a product is used according to label directions. The amount of active ingredient in each dose is enough to be effective against a flea, tick or other targeted insect. The pet, which is much larger than the targeted pest, should not be affected by this small amount of active ingredient. All of our products have been tested for use on dogs and/or cats, knowing they will groom themselves.
Can children play with pets that have been treated with Vet-Kem® products?
Once a product has dried, it's okay for children and adults to again have close contact with their pets. Our products are formulated knowing that children will play, pet and even sleep with animals. When used according to label directions, the amount of active ingredient on the pet is a flea or tick-sized dose. Children can also play with pets wearing collars, since they release a very small amount of active ingredient at a slow rate.