Occasionally, geriatric dogs display clinical signs unexplainable by a specific pathological diagnosis. include:
- Lethargy and reduced awareness of surroundings
- Poor coat; excessive shedding or thin, dry coat
- Chronic constipation or fecal incontinence
- Inappropriate urination
- Poor appetite; animal eats too little to maintain an adequate body weight
- Poor mental acuity
For animals displaying one or more of these conditions, choline supplementation with CHOLODIN may be considered as an appropriate dietary supplement. Essentially, through dietary supplementation, Cholodin can help the older pet regain some physical characteristics lost to aging. Veterinary consultation is important to maximize your results.
MVP Laboratories provides four different dietary supplements to assist in the health and well-being of dogs particularly important in geriatrics.
Cholodin is the original choline-loading supplement formulated with geriatric canine patients. Cholodin contains choline, amino acids, vitamins and minerals in a chewable tablet or powder formulation.
Cholodin contains sources of choline and phosphatidylcholine, two of the most common phospholipids. When present in sufficient dietary quantities, these components act as neurotransmitter precursors, which are chemicals manufactured and released by nerve cells that initiate the sending of "messages" from those cells. Choline has four major functions:
- Significant dietary factor in preventing fatty liver syndrome in diabetic dogs.
- methyl groups (CH3) needed to synthesize other metabolic compounds.
- Necessary for acetylcholine formation.
- Component of the phospolipid, lecithin along with being a constituent of plasmalogens, which are abundant in mitochondria and sphingomyelin, bound particularly in the brain.
Daily dosages for dogs: Small dogs - 1/2 to 1 tablet, Large dogs - 1 to 2 tablets
Active Ingredient(s): CHOLODIN contains: Phosphatidylcholine (from soy lecithin), choline (as chloride), dl-methionine, inositol, zinc (as oxide), niacinamide, vitamin E, thiamine (mononitrate), riboflavin, pyridoxine (HCl), selenium (sodium selenite), vitamin B12 (cobalamin concentrate), and dexpanthenol. Formulated with a flavor base.